Monday, May 19, 2008

“Valentine's Day is a holiday invented by greeting card companies to make people feel like crap.” (Joel)


“Drink up, young man. It'll make the whole seduction part less repugnant.” (Clementine)


“Are we like couples you see in restaurants? Are we the dining dead?” (Joel)


“Too many guys think I'm a concept or I complete them or I'm going to make them alive, but I'm just a fucked up girl who is looking for my own peace of mind. Don't assign me yours.” (Clementine)


“Blessed are the forgetful: for they get the better even of their blunders.”
FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE (1844-1900), in Beyond Good and Evil (Jenseits von Gut und Böse, 1886)


“(...) How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd; (...)”
ALEXANDER POPE (1688-1744), in Eloisa to Abelard (1717)

No comments: